【Netflix】Shards of Her (2022) Taiwanese Series - personal thoughts





I would say it's a great show that points out some serious problems in our society. 
Although the pace is really slow, it's worth watching if you're interested.

I could guess what the story is about around the third episode. I felt the pain and sorrow, but couldn't stop watching.



I think Toby Lee, who is the leading actor, did a great job playing two distinguished roles. The part in the show comparing an elegant boyfriend and a down-to-earth detective is the only part that made me laugh.




!!! Warning: Spoiler Alert !!!   
Also, English is my second language. I hope my grammar isn't too bad to read.



Chen-hsi is a successful businesswoman who has a thoughtful boyfriend. Although she distances herself from everyone else, her life still seems kind of wonderful, right?
In fact, she is just running away from her trauma. The wound never heals, and pieces of her were left in the past.



Because of being harassed by a co-worker and having a car accident, seems like she travels to a parallel universe.
Turns out that it's because of her mental illness, she disassociated herself from the real world.


This is acceptable for me, at least it explains lots of weird stuff (ex: Not calling an ambulance when you see someone dying, etc)


It gives me the creeps when the teacher touched the student.
It disgusts me when he actually did it.

Why do people tend to trust the monster?
Why do people always ask if the victims resisted?



What's done could not be undone. The harm was made forever.
Although the grown-ups tried to cover things up, the students are living in hell. The girls struggled and hoped things would get better when they grow up. But they never get better.


The disassociation makes Chen-hsi realize what's important in her life. With the support of her boyfriend, she starts trying to make peace with the relationship she left behind (friends, family, and herself)







The series points out some serious issues, such as perverts, marriage violence, workspace harassment, and spreading videos.
These are serious problems that are happening around us.

How to become a supporter is also a lesson to learn about.



I think the plot makes it feel more hopeful. 
At least, it's able to end the story wonderfully by making peace.


It reminds me of the cruel reality.😢



Thanks for reading. 
Please leave a comment if you want to let me know your thoughts about the show.

Images Source: All from the Internet. 

留言

本月推薦文章

【電影回味】征服情海 Jerry Maguire